To authorize Ableton Live, go to Preferences, Licenses Maintenance, then click “authorize at ableton.com.” You will then be redirected to Ableton’s site and asked to login to your account if you aren’t already. Once logged in, select the license to authorize. Click on “Authorize” and the ableton.com server will send authorization information to your computer.
Authorizing Live online
“Authorizing online is the easiest way to authorize, as Live connects directly to the Ableton server and authorizes automatically. To authorize online, you will need internet access for the computer on which you have installed Live and an internet browser.”
Authorizing Live offline
“If the computer on which you’ve installed Live is not connected to the internet, follow these instructions to authorize:
- When starting Live, you will see an authorization dialog. Please click on “No Internet on this computer”:
- Live will display another dialog window in which the Hardware-Code of your computer is shown, as well as further information regarding the Offline Authorization process
- You can save this information as a text file to make it easier to refer to in the following steps (just click on “Save…” on the bottom right corner).
- Take your hardware code (or the saved text file) as well as a portable storage device such as a USB key to a computer with an internet connection.
- On the internet-connected computer, log into your Ableton user account.
- Enter your hardware code from Live and click “Download File.” The Ableton server will generate an authorization (.auz) file for the computer you want to authorize Live on.
- Save the authorization file to your portable storage device and bring it back to the computer Live is installed on.
- Open Live 10 and drag the .auz file onto the authorization dialog”